So, with the blogging. I understand it is National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo, if you would like (I personally am ambivalent). I have wanted an excuse to re-energize things around here.
However! I have not been making any sort of effort because other things were taking up my attention. Namely, I got married. Pictures aren’t going to be ready for weeks but some of the basics are for perusal on our officiant’s site. You will note that my wife is really, really pretty. Readers may or may not actually know her in person, and if you do not, rest assured that she is also ridiculously nice, and nice to me, and a generally awesome person to be married to.
I’m still a bit off my routine so I’ll probably share some more when I do get around to ramping up posting again. Here is where I declare my intention to kick up my own second-rate version of NaBloPoMo in December, making at least one post every day for the whole month, in what at this point must be only a mildly believable promise. So let’s just say that I would like to do this, and hope for the best.
Further, with KNOW YOUR 1980s DENVER BRONCOS coming to a conclusion, the table’s clear for new business. Having a few regular series encourages posting and is also rather fun, so maybe it’s time to start a new series or two. Some things I am considering:
- In which I go through one of those lists of the 100 best jobs to have, and spend some time either lamenting my chance to have not done that thing, or being really really glad I never did that thing, but mostly making uninformed guesses as to what having that job would be like.
- In which I seriously research how to develop an infomercial type of product. I have lots of ideas and no practical knowledge at all.
- More capsule reviews of sci-fi shows similar to the Star Trek: The Next Generation bits I used to write. This will probably happen whether you like it or not because it helps me remember the episodes better. I’ll probably watch old-school Star Trek next (because no one reviews those, right?), and Babylon 5 is around the corner. Possibly even Deep Space Nine in the future. I considered Quantum Leap, which I loved when I was 12, but re-watched the first few episodes and thought they were kinda blah.
- In which I review my ability to do common household tasks ranging from drying dishes (5 stars – I am incredibly thorough) to creating custom Tivo searches (3 stars – I have promise but unfulfilled potential) to folding shirts (negative 5 stars – I am abysmal).
- My top 100 albums ever. Oh MAN will that be boring and obscure. Plus I can’t write about music at all. I mean, I could learn over the course of 100 painfully developing posts, but I doubt I’ll actually do this.
- How about instead: Music that I used to like but is now gathering dust. By which I mean, the only instance of it I own is on an outdated physical media format, such as CD or wax cylinder.
- KNOW YOUR 1970s BUFFALO SABRES (just kidding)
Which of these will effectively drive away my last nine or ten readers?
Are there any series anyone would actually want to see? (Listed above or otherwise?)